Sunday, January 27, 2008

What a Week...

So, I think we left off with Bennett being sick. On Thursday afternoon, we learned that Bennett's daycare would be closing in 3 weeks. Ack! It only took us 9 months of pregnancy to locate a daycare and get in due to waiting lists. Friday, I basically got no work done as I called every daycare in our area. Wait list, wait list, wait list. One of the daycare directors even laughed (they are snobby anyway). One of my coworkers told me to try the daycare that the hospital workers use. After visiting one daycare where I saw a caregiver grab a kid up by the arms and not-so-gently fling her onto a mat, I decided it was worth a try. Lo and behold, they do admit "community members" who work for non-profits. They weren't too impressed with my federal gov't job (hello, isn't that the biggest non-profit of all), but they were fine with Arty's city job. I didn't care one way or the other. We took off work early and visited Friday afternoon. This is by far the cleanest daycare I have ever seen. You actually have to use antibacterial gel and take your shoes off before going into the baby rooms. They are run by the same people who run the snobby place, but they were able to get us in, beginning Monday. Yippee! Arty thought he was going to end up being a stay-at-home daddy. Of course, we are paying $70 more per week, but I have never seen a daycare where the teachers were all on the floor playing with the infants. Usually they just stick them in a bouncy chair or the jumperoo. We're excited, and I finally feel like I don't have to worry about Bennett's development suffering. I actually believe they do more at daycare then I would be able to do at home.

Then, with that load off, I got a 24-hour bug Friday night until Sunday. I just love spending my weekend throwing up. But all's well that ends well. We're looking forward to tomorrow. Its Bennett's first day at rich-people daycare!

No comments: